Video Editing Glossary
Exporting an MP4
Exporting an MP4 is the process of converting a video file into the MP4 format, which is a widely used video file format that is compatible with many devices and platforms. To export an MP4, you will need to use a video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or DaVinci Resolve. Here are the general steps to export an MP4:
- Select the sequence or clip you want to export.
- Go to the File menu and select Export.
- Select the MP4 format from the list of export options.
- Choose the settings for the MP4 file, such as resolution and bitrate.
- Click Export and wait for the software to render and export the file.
Once the file is exported, you can upload it to a video hosting platform such as YouTube or Vimeo, or share it with others.
For more information on exporting video files, check out this guide on export settings for video editing.