Video Editing Glossary
Exporting an MP4
Exporting an MP4 is the process of saving your edited video project as a file that can be played on most devices and platforms. To export an MP4, follow these steps:
- Open your video editing software and make sure your project is complete and ready to be exported.
- Find the Export or Save As option in the menu or toolbar.
- Select the MP4 format from the list of available formats.
- Choose the desired quality settings for your exported video.
- Click Export or Save to save your video project as an MP4 file.
Once your video has been exported as an MP4 file, you can upload it to your video hosting platform, such as YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia.
It is important to note that the export process may vary slightly depending on the video editing software you are using. Consult the software’s documentation or support resources for specific instructions on how to export an MP4.
For more information on video editing for YouTube, check out our video tutorial series on our website.